Terms and Conditions
7-YEAR UNLIMITED KM WARRANTY AND 7-YEAR PREMIUM ROADSIDE ASSIST OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to the 7-Year Unlimited KM Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist offer. You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you have any questions, please speak to your Honda Dealer or contact the Honda Australia Call Centre on 1800 804 954 (Monday - Friday 8.30am to 6pm AEST).
Terms & Conditions
The 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist is provided by Honda*. The 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist provides you the confidence of knowing that your Honda is protected with no claim limits and no cost for labour and parts (except for tyres and batteries) for 7 years with unlimited kilometres from its original retail sale date^ in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Honda Premium Roadside Assist means that we are there for you 24 hours a day, from the original retail sale date of your vehicle, for 7 years.The 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist is fully backed by Honda and can only be accessed through Authorised Honda Dealers† in Australia.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits conferred by 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product (or service) which the consumer has under the Australian Consumer Law and any other law in relation to those goods and services.
Honda's liability under the warranties is limited, at the option of Honda, to the repair or replacement of faulty components or parts or payment for such repair or replacement, and to the re-supply of services or payment for such re-supply. For example, under the warranties, Honda may elect to remedy a defect in one of the ways outlined above. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist is only applicable whilst the vehicle is within the confines of the States and Territories of Australia.In this document, references to "you" and "your" are references to the vehicle owner.
* Honda is Honda Australia Pty. Ltd., ACN 004 759 611 ABN 66 004 759 611, 95 Sharps Road, Tullamarine, Victoria, 3043: and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Tokyo, Japan.
† Authorised Honda Dealer is a dealer who holds a current Franchise Agreement pertaining to the Honda passenger vehicle model specified in the First Owner Details section of the Ownerís Warranty & Service Manual.
^ Original retail sale date is the first registration date reported by the Authorised Honda Dealer in Honda Australia Pty. Ltds database. If you purchase a demonstrator vehicle, the original retail sale date is the date on which the dealer registers the vehicle as a demonstrator vehicle.
7-Year Unlimited KM Warranty
1. EXTENSION OF NEW VEHICLE WARRANTY
Honda's New Vehicle Warranty coverage as set out in your vehicle's Owner's Warranty and Service Manual (except vehicles used for a Commercial Purpose^) is extended until 7 years with unlimited kilometres from your vehicle's original retail sale date, in accordance with the terms set out in this document.
Accordingly, when you receive 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, all of the terms and conditions of the New Vehicle Warranty apply until 7 years with unlimited kilometres (except vehicles used for a Commercial Purpose^) from your Honda's original retail sale date in accordance with the terms of that warranty.
For vehicles used for a Commercial Purpose^, Honda's New Vehicle Warranty coverage as set out in your vehicle's Owner's Warranty and Service Manual is extended until 7 years from your vehicle's original retail sale date or 200,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) in accordance with the terms set out in this document.
^ "Commercial Purpose" means the purpose of carrying passengers or goods in the course of business or trade, and includes, without limitation, a vehicle being used at any time, as a taxi, or for hire, rental, delivery, courier, ride sharing, driving school, tourist or security purposes.
- Original Equipment Batteries are only covered under the Honda New Vehicle Warranty on a pro-rata basis.
- Tyres are covered by the tyre manufacturer's warranty. Therefore the Honda warranties do not apply to tyres originally fitted on Honda vehicles, or to spare tyres.
Under the New Vehicle Warranty, Honda warrants the body panels of each new motor vehicle against rust perforation for a period of 6 years from the original retail sale date. 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist provides rust perforation warranty for a period of 7 years from the original retail sale date.
Your vehicle's Owner's Warranty and Service Manual contains further details regarding the above, as well as details of other exceptions and exclusions that apply.
You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Honda Premium Roadside Assist confers benefits that are additional to those under the New Vehicle Warranty, as extended by these terms and conditions.
2. HOW TO CLAIM UNDER 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist
Repairs within the limits of this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, will be carried out free of charge by any Authorised Honda Dealer
Under this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, transportation costs of the vehicle either to or from the Authorised Honda Dealer are the responsibility of the vehicle owner, unless those costs are covered under Honda Premium Roadside Assist. Please refer to the section of this document titled '24 hour Australia-wide Honda Premium Roadside Assist' for towing information. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
3. CANCELLATION OF 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist
Honda may cancel this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist at any time with immediate effect, if:
- your vehicle is deemed a statutory write-off; or
- The odometer has been stopped, altered or does not reflect the actual distance travelled by the vehicle.
4. TRANSFER OF 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist
Subsequent owners may obtain the benefit of any unexpired portion of this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist by completing the transfer of ownership form (inside the vehicle's Owners Warranty & Service Manual) and submitting it to Honda, or an Authorised Honda Dealer within 10 days following the date of purchase of the vehicle.
The subsequent owner will be subject to all of the provisions, limitations and exclusions of this Warranty.
5. WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY 7-YEAR UNLIMITED KILOMETRE WARRANTY AND 7-YEAR PREMIUM ROADSIDE ASSIST
7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist does not apply to items that are excluded from, or not covered by, the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual, which include without limitation:
1. Any damage, failure or defect which occurs as a result of an accident, or where an accident has contributed to the occurrence of the relevant damage, failure or defect.
2. Any motor vehicle containing an odometer that has been stopped or altered or does not reflect the actual distance travelled by the vehicle.
3. Any motor vehicle or part which has been subjected to, or any damage that occurs as a result of, misuse, negligence, accidental damage, or improper or inadequate maintenance by or at the instigation of the owner. See 6.3 Inadequate Maintenance below.
4. Improper repairs, or repairs rendered necessary or arising from the use of products that are not genuine Honda products, parts or lubricants. See 6.1 Genuine Honda Products, below.
5. Any vehicle used for competition (whether in sanctioned or unsanctioned competitive events), racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components.
6. Normal maintenance service, unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See 6.2 Maintenance and Service and 6.5 Normal Maintenance Services, below.
7. Normal replacement of service parts unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See 6.4 Replacement Service Parts, below.
8. Deterioration of any item due to use and exposure, unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See 6.6 Deterioration Due to Use and Exposure, on the following page.
9. Any vehicle which has been deemed a "write-off" by an insurance company or Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.
10. Modifications made to a vehicle by or at the instigation of the owner, which affect adversely the vehicleís reliability, stability, or overall performance.
Honda will not be liable, under this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, for any cost, expense or damage incurred by an owner while a vehicle is out of service during performance of any warranty, special policy or campaign adjustment work. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
6. OWNER'S RESPONSIBILITY
To ensure this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist will apply to your vehicle, it is your responsibility to comply with the New Vehicle Warranty.
6.1 GENUINE HONDA PRODUCTS
Honda vehicles are produced to the highest standards and latest technologies. Honda strongly recommends:
- Use of genuine Honda parts and lubricants whenever you have maintenance work performed.
- Non genuine additives and cleaners are not required to be used in Honda automotive systems and are not recommended.
- After market paint treatments are not recommended by Honda.
6.2 MAINTENANCE AND SERVICE
Authorised Honda Dealers will carry out maintenance service as requested by the owner and the owner will be responsible for costs incurred. It is the owner's responsibility to arrange transport of the vehicle to and from the Authorised Honda Dealer.
The maintenance schedule in the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual specifies how often Honda recommends you should have your vehicle serviced, and which items need attention, in order to retain your vehicleís high level of safety, reliability and emission control performance.
The service intervals in the maintenance schedule of the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual are expressed in time, distance or both, and each interval ends at the earlier of the time or distance milestone. The service schedule and intervals assume you will use your vehicle as normal transportation for passengers and their possessions.
In order to care for your vehicle, Honda also recommends that you:
- Avoid exceeding your vehicle's load limit. This puts excess strain on the engine, brakes, and many other parts of your vehicle.ï Operate your vehicle on reasonable roads within the legal speed limit. Always use the fuel that is recommended for your vehicle by your Authorised Honda Dealer or in the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual.
- Drive your vehicle regularly over a distance of several kilometres.
6.3 INADEQUATE MAINTENANCE
Honda recommends that the vehicle be maintained in accordance with the maintenance schedule contained in your Owners Warranty & Service Manual, and this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist does not cover damage that occurs as a result of, or is contributed to by, improper or inadequate maintenance by or at the instigation of the owner.
6.4 REPLACEMENT SERVICE PARTS
As set out in the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual, Replacement Service Parts required for routine maintenance are not covered by this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, for example:
- Air, fuel, oil, and dust and pollen filtersï Spark plugs
- Clutch and brake linings/padsï Wiper blades
- HID/Light bulbs and fuses
- Rectification of rattles and squeaks
6.5 NORMAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES
As set out in the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual, Normal Maintenance Services are not covered by this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, for example:
- The maintenance specified in the schedule contained in the Owner's Warranty and Service Manual
- Wheel balancing and alignment
- Clutch and brake adjustment
- Engine tune-ups (including valve adjustments)
- Oil changes
- Headlight adjustment
6.6 DETERIORATION DUE TO USE AND EXPOSURE
Not all repairs, adjustments and replacements are the result of defects in material or workmanship. There are other circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer that might make a visit to your Authorised Honda Dealer necessary.
They would include:
- Weather and atmospheric conditions.
- Varying road surfaces.
- Improper vehicle usage.
- Individual driving habits.
- Fair wear and tear.
The following deterioration due to use or exposure is not covered by this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist:
- Soft trim that is worn, soiled, torn or cut by a foreign object, environmental conditions or abnormal use.
- Paint deterioration in the form of dents, nicks or scratches, or caused by stone chipping, tree sap, salt or industrial fall-out which occurs after delivery of the vehicle to the owner, and normal paint deterioration due to environmental conditions.
- Deterioration of bright metal trim such as dents, nicks, scratches or other damage which occurs after delivery of the vehicle, and normal deterioration that is due to exposure.
- Glass, engine or body damage due to weather and/or road conditions and hazards (off road).
For further information, refer to the Owner's Warranty & Service Manual.
In order to make a claim under this 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, you must deliver the vehicle to an Authorised Honda Dealer, as outlined under the section titled "What you must do to make a claim under this Honda warranty" in your New Vehicle Warranty. A list of the addresses of current Authorised Honda Dealers is available at honda.com.au or by contacting Honda Australia Customer Relations on toll-free 1800 804 954.
Please retain your policy confirmation letter as proof of receipt of your 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist policy for future reference.
7-Year Premium Roadside Assist
Honda has engaged the services of the country's State and Territory Motoring Organisations, giving you access to their vast national resources and recognised expertise, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Honda Premium Roadside Assist comprises the supply of:
- Emergency Roadside Service (described in part 1 below); and
- Personal Incident Management Service for incidents that occur more than 100km from home described in part 2 below), subject to the conditions outlined in part 3 below.
Honda Premium Roadside Assist is yours from the time you receive 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, for 7 years.
1. EMERGENCY ROADSIDE SERVICE - 1800 810 852
1.1 ACCESSING EMERGENCY ROADSIDE SERVICE
Honda Premium Roadside Assist may be accessed quickly and easily by calling 1800 810 852 from anywhere in Australia for services listed within this section.
To make sure that you're back on the road as soon as possible, please have the following information available when calling:
- Your membership number (your vehicle's vehicle identification number, or VIN)
- Your name and location
- A description of the problem
- if possible, contact telephone number
Roadside Assist personnel will be dispatched to you promptly to assess and attempt to rectify the problem. All care will be taken to get you back on the road, however, if this is not possible or if the personnel consider that there is a chance that any mechanical action may void part of the vehicle's 7-Year Unlimited Kilometre Warranty and 7-Year Premium Roadside Assist, we'll provide towing.
1.2 MECHANICAL ASSISTANCE
On arrival, skilled Roadside Assist personnel will attempt to rectify any mechanical problems that have disabled the vehicle and made it unsafe or unable to be driven.
1.3 NON-MECHANICAL ASSISTANCE
1.3.1 WHEELS AND TYRES
We provide wheel changing services for a damaged tyre or wheel with the vehicle's serviceable spare. If the spare also happens to be damaged or unroadworthy, we'll tow your vehicle to the nearest facility where it can be repaired or replaced at the owner's expense.
If you lock your keys in your vehicle, subject to satisfactory proof of ownership of your vehicle to ensure we open the car for the right person, Roadside Assist personnel will attempt to open your vehicle. If Roadside Assist personnel are unable to open the vehicle and a locksmith is required, this will be at the customer's expense.
1.3.3 OUT OF FUEL
Roadside Assist personnel will seek to provide you with sufficient fuel to get to a petrol station. If this is not possible or practical, then a tow will be provided.
1.3.4 FLAT BATTERY
A battery-boost and any other practical roadside assistance will be provided to get you back on the road, or a tow will be provided to the nearest facility. If we arrange a replacement battery, the vehicle owner will bear the cost of that replacement, subject to any other rights available to the consumer.
Towing is provided as part of Honda Premium Roadside Assist when the vehicle cannot be made mobile. When this happens, your Honda will be towed to:
The closest Authorised Honda Dealer free of charge, or:
- Your preferred Authorised Honda Dealer with a maximum towing distance of 20km free of charge. Additional towing distance above the 20km limit will be at the owner's expense.
Either the closest Authorised Honda Dealer or the local motoring organisation's service facility free of charge, depending on the location and circumstances of the breakdown.
Where your vehicle has been towed to a service organisation's service facility and the vehicle cannot be made mobile, we'll transport your vehicle to the closest Authorised Honda Dealer.
If you instead choose to tow the vehicle to your preferred Authorised Honda Dealer, which is not the closest to the breakdown location, the full cost of towing under Honda Premium Roadside Assist will be borne by the owner. If the vehicle cannot be delivered due to the lateness of the hour, we'll provide the appropriate vehicle storage and make arrangements to have it delivered as soon as possible.
2. MORE THAN 100 KILOMETRES FROM HOME - PERSONAL INCIDENT MANAGEMENT SERVICE - 1800 810 852
Where you require Roadside Assist more than 100 kilometres from home, we have added benefits to assist you. These benefits can only be accessed by calling 1800 810 852 and arranged by the Personal Incident Manager on your behalf.
2.1 ACCOMMODATION & CAR RENTAL
The following Personal Incident Management services will be provided if your vehicle is disabled due to mechanical failure (non collision related) or due to an automotive related driver fault (non mechanical) and if your vehicle will be disabled for over 24 hours, as determined by the Personal Incident Manager.
Personal Incident Management Services for Accommodation & Car Rental will be provided with a financial limit of $1,100 (GST inclusive) per annum per vehicle.
Accommodation will be provided for up to three nights to a maximum value of $120 per night when the vehicle can be locally repaired within a mutually agreed time frame.
2.1.2 CAR RENTAL
Car rental will be provided for up to three days to a maximum value of $100 per day, in conjunction with accommodation;
Car rental to continue the journey will be provided for up to five days to a maximum value of $100 per day, when the vehicle cannot be repaired locally or repaired within a mutually acceptable time frame;
Where the vehicle cannot be repaired locally or repaired within a mutually acceptable time frame, and car rental is not available, alternative transportation will be provided to the registered owner/driver's home address or intended destination. In this situation:
- where required, return transportation will be provided for one driver to retrieve the vehicle; otherwise
- vehicle recovery will be provided to an Authorised Honda Dealer, the owner's home address or intended destination anywhere in Australia. Car rental costs covered by Honda Premium Roadside Assist exclude all fuel costs, stamp duty charges and any rental vehicle relocation fees.
2.2 MEDICAL REPATRIATION SERVICES
Should you or any of your passengers become unexpectedly ill or injured while motoring and require hospitalisation for three days or more, we'll arrange for medical repatriation to a medical facility closer to the patient's home address where they can receive ongoing treatment. Naturally, this will only occur at the request of the patient and with the consent of the treating doctor.
Personal Incident Management Services for Medical Repatriation Services will be provided with a financial limit of $5,500 (GST inclusive) per annum per vehicle.
2.3 ACCIDENT OR THEFT RELATED INCIDENTS
In the event that your vehicle is disabled due to a collision, or stolen and reported to the police, we can help you with what you need at this time: expert assistance. The Personal Incident Manager can assist you to alter or make onward arrangements for accommodation and/or car rental. You also have access to the national message relay facility. All bookings and arrangements will be made on your behalf and at your expense.
3.1 REMOTE AREAS
Where Emergency Roadside Service is sought in a remote or sparsely populated area, the Emergency Roadside Service will be provided, but you should be aware that assistance can be affected by the vehicle's location, the availability of services and accessibility of the location. We will endeavour to provide you with assistance as soon as possible.
3.2 TRAFFICABLE ROADS
Honda Premium Roadside Assist is only provided to vehicles disabled on constructed roads or driveways that are legally trafficable and can be reached by conventional two-wheel drive vehicles and, where required, by the towing vehicle.
3.3 BOGGED VEHICLE RECOVERY
Should special equipment be required to provide assistance, such as power winches or extended cables, or should the attending Roadside Assist personnel have to return to the service facility, the additional cost will be charged to the vehicle owner.
3.4 NATURAL DISASTERS
We reserve the right to alter or offer alternative assistance where a natural disaster places extraordinary demands on the provision of services under Honda Premium Roadside Assist. Where a disabled vehicle cannot be reached due to flood, bushfire or other natural disaster, we will attempt to provide whatever alternative assistance is practical under the circumstances.
Towing services will not be available as part of the Emergency Roadside Service for vehicles damaged due to a collision or impact with any object (whether caused by a mechanical failure or due to any other reason) or any incident generally covered by motor vehicle insurance. However, towing assistance can be arranged at the driverís expense.
3.6 HOME SERVICE
Emergency Roadside Service will be provided at your home address in the same way as at the roadside. However, during times of peak demand, roadside calls will be given priority.
3.7 UNATTENDED VEHICLES
Unattended vehicles will not be serviced under any circumstances. The owner or the owner's authorised representative must wait with the vehicle until Roadside Assist personnel arrives. Where the owner has elected an authorised representative, this representative must hold a current motor vehicle driverís licence in case the vehicle has to be moved. If the vehicle is found to be unattended and should other calls demand the Roadside Assist personnelís attention, the service call will be cancelled. Any further calls and services for the same incident will be at the owner's expense.
3.8 CARAVAN AND TRAILER
Emergency Roadside Service will not be provided for caravans or any form of trailer body being towed by the nominated vehicle. However, should the vehicle towing a caravan or trailer experience a roadside breakdown and need to be towed as part of the Emergency Roadside Service, the caravan or other trailer body will be moved to a safe location to avoid any potential traffic hazard.
3.9 REPLACEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
Your Honda Premium Roadside Assist entitles you to a membership card which identifies you as a valid member. Any replacement card can be organised via an Authorised Honda Dealer at the expense of the owner.