Our identity and contact details
Honda Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 004 759 611)
Level 4, Gladstone St, Moonee Ponds, Victoria, 3039
Facts and circumstances of collection
Your personal information is collected from:
- you when you give us your personal information;
- your authorised representatives;
- Honda Centres when you give them your personal information, including when you enquire about or purchase a new Honda vehicle, accessory, part or used vehicle, or service your Honda; and
- our service providers that assist in the operation of our business.
If the collection is required or authorised by law
If we collect your personal information for the purpose of conducting a safety recall, that collection may be required or authorised by law.
Purposes of collection
The purposes for which we collect your personal information depends on the specific collection. For example:
- if you submit an enquiry or a request to us, including to download a vehicle brochure or save a vehicle configuration, or through the ‘Contact Us’ form, our Call Centre or a tradeshow, we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry or request;
- if you subscribe to eNews or opt in to receive our marketing communications, we collect personal information to send you information about Honda products, services, promotions, surveys and events, and, if you own a Honda vehicle, vehicle servicing;
- if you book a test drive, we collect personal information to arrange your test drive, and in relation to vehicle incidents that may occur during your test drive;
- if you enter one of our competitions, we collect personal information to manage your entry into the competition and for other associated uses, including those set out in the competition terms and conditions;
- if you purchase a new Honda vehicle, we collect personal information to manage your vehicle purchase and for matters that relate to your ownership of the vehicle, including to send safety recall notifications;
- if you book a vehicle service with a Honda Centre, we collect personal information to help schedule your service and maintain your service history records;
- if you create a My Honda account or provide information through your My Honda account, we collect personal information to create and manage your account, respond to enquiries and requests you make in your account, and contact you in relation to safety recall notifications and other matters relating to your vehicle ownership;
- if you arrange a safety recall, we collect personal information to manage your safety recall;
- if you complete a survey, we collect personal information to resolve your concerns, improve the Honda customer experience, and for marketing or promoting Honda, internal analytics, reporting and training purposes;
- if you provide your driver licence, we collect that to verify your identity, and, in the case of a test drive, manage any vehicle incidents and
- if you apply to be a member of the Honda Trade Club, we collect personal information to create and manage your membership, administer the Honda Trade Club and provide information about incentives and promotions.
Main consequences of not collecting personal information
If we do not collect any personal information requested, we may not be able to fulfil the purposes of the collection set out above.
Third parties we usually disclose personal information to
We may disclose your personal information to Honda Centres, service providers who assist in the operation of our business and other third parties for the purposes for which we have collected it, including:
- if you subscribe to eNews or opt in to receive our marketing communications, our marketing agency;
- if you enter into one of our competitions, prize providers and trade promotion authorities;
- if you purchase a new Honda vehicle, regulatory authorities, roadside assistance providers, and third parties assisting with safety recalls;
- if you are involved in a vehicle accident during a test drive, our insurance provider/s and, where applicable, third parties involved in parking, toll and road traffic infringements; and
- if you are a member of the Honda Trade Club, our sales and marketing specialists.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
Likely overseas disclosures
We are unlikely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients in the ordinary course of business.