1.These terms and conditions apply to the payment of a $1,000 deposit prior to the launch of a Honda vehicle (Pre-Launch Deposit).
2. By signing below, you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. Payment of a Pre-Launch Deposit:
- 3.1. confirms your interest in a Honda vehicle model (Vehicle Model) to be launched in the future by Honda Australia Pty Ltd (Honda Australia);
- 3.2. gives you priority over customers who have not paid a Pre-Launch Deposit to be contacted by a Honda Centre to order, and enter into a contract of sale (Contract of Sale) for, a vehicle of the Vehicle Model when it is made available to order in Australia, (collectively, the Service).
4. Payment of a Pre-Launch Deposit does not oblige you to purchase (or give you any ownership right to) a vehicle. The order and purchase of a Honda vehicle will be governed by a later, separate Contract of Sale with Honda Australia.
5. You acknowledge that the price and specifications of the Vehicle Model may not be available at the time you pay the Pre-Launch Deposit, and that if they are available, they are subject to change between paying a Pre-Launch Deposit and signing a Contract of Sale.
Paying a Pre-Launch Deposit
6. To be eligible to use the Service, you must be aged over 18 years and be an Australian resident residing in Australia. Only one Pre-Launch Deposit can be made per person. Your rights in relation to your Pre-Launch Deposit and the Service are personal and cannot be assigned or transferred to anyone else.
7. Payment of the Pre-Launch Deposit must be made in person at a Honda Centre. After payment of the Pre-Launch Deposit you will receive an email from Honda Australia confirming the details of, and a receipt for, your Pre-Launch Deposit.
8. Once the Vehicle Model is available to configure and order, you will be contacted by a Honda Centre to configure the Vehicle Model to your preferred configuration and/or enter into a Contract of Sale for that vehicle. If you sign a Contract of Sale, you will be required to pay the purchase price of the vehicle contained in the Contract of Sale less an amount equal to the Pre-Launch Deposit.
Refund of the Pre-Launch Deposit
9. If you ask us for a refund of the Pre-Launch Deposit at any time prior to signing a Contract of Sale, you will be refunded the Pre-Launch Deposit via the same method that you used to pay the Pre-Launch Deposit at your chosen Honda Centre. By accepting a refund of the Pre-Launch Deposit, you will forfeit the priority that was given to you as a result of paying the Pre-Launch Deposit.
10. You may also be entitled to seek a refund of the Pre-Launch Deposit from us in certain circumstances, depending on the terms of any Contract of Sale you sign, applicable statutory cooling off periods, and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
11. If, you have not entered into a Contract of Sale after 12 months from the date that you paid the Pre-Launch Deposit (or if earlier, 3 months from being been contacted by a Honda Centre to configure/order your vehicle), you will be refunded the Pre-Launch Deposit via the same method that you used to pay the Pre-Launch Deposit at your chosen Honda Centre.
12. We may, at our discretion, refund your Pre-Launch Deposit and cancel the Service at any time.
14. You represent and warrant that all information you provide to us or a Honda Centre is true and accurate. If any of the information you have provided is not true or not accurate, we may cancel the Service and refund the Pre-Launch Deposit to via the same method that you used to pay the Pre-Launch Deposit at your chosen Honda Centre (subject to any obligations we may have to you under the Contract of Sale or applicable law).
15. To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense, including loss of opportunity) which you may suffer or incur in connection with the Service.
16. We reserve the right to cancel the Service for any reason and at any time. We also reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, but if we do so, will notify you of the amendments.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and you and we submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of its courts.