The Honda ZR-V will be offered in 4 variants, including e:HEV LX, VTi LX, VTi L and VTi X. Each grade features various driving, safety, interior and exterior specification details.
“The Honda ZR-V is Honda Australia’s first, brand-new core model to be introduced in Australia in 20 years. We are truly excited for the launch of the Honda ZR-V into the Australian market and to provide customers even more choice when considering the Honda brand” said Honda Australia Director, Ms Carolyn McMahon.
The new Honda ZR-V offers optimal balance of fuel efficiency and dynamic performance, from day to day commuting in city and suburban environments, to weekend adventures on highways and winding coastal and country roads. The petrol variants (VTi LX, VTi L & VTi X) feature the 1.5-litre VTEC turbocharged engine and the e:HEV LX sports a 2-motor hybrid system with a 2.0-litre direct injection engine. Both systems deliver an impressive driving experience.
Honda Australia Director, Carolyn McMahon also said “Honda Australia is confident that our SUV model lineup will attract different buyer types, based on the well-defined role each model plays in their segment. e:HEV has proven to be a popular variant with customers in Civic and HR-V models and we anticipate the popularity will only increase with the launch of the brand-new Honda ZR-V to market.”
Elevated and contemporary design
The Honda ZR-V’s elevated and contemporary design features and elongated hood which continues over the swell of the rear fenders. This adds an athletic definition to the vehicle’s sleek design and modern profile.
The low cowl provides greater visibility along with the outside mirrors, which are mounted on the doors positioned away from the A-Pillars.
Wide-set adaptive LED headlights with active cornering lights emphasise the Honda ZR-V's sporty exterior.
In front, there is a black vertical sports grille with large intake that route air through the bumper and around the front wheels, improving aerodynamic efficiency. For a cleaner upscale look, laser-brazing technology eliminates the need for roof mouldings and the Honda ZR-V’s windshield wipers hide from view under the hood line when not in use.
In the rear, the sculpted hatch and standard tailgate spoiler highlight the Honda ZR-V's sporty proportions, and the outer edge of the taillights have been shaped to improve aerodynamics.
Intuitive technology, including in-car features
The Honda ZR-V offers a compelling package of in-car technological features that connects owners to their everyday lives.
9-inch infotainment display
The Honda ZR-V features a 9-inch colour touchscreen and audio system designed to be very easy to use. This system features a volume knob, physical buttons for Home and Back functions, and large and easy-to-recognise icons. It's powered by a faster processor for virtually lag-free performance, and a simplified navigation structure with fewer embedded menus.
The 9-inch system also comes standard with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, along with Qi-compatible wireless charging. It also features a finger rest to make it easy to use the touchscreen while the vehicle is in motion.
Designed with simplicity in mind, the 9-inch system features user-defined shortcuts at the bottom of the screen, with the Honda ZR-V offering six easily programmable shortcuts. Making phone calls with a Bluetooth® connected phone is easier.
It also uses Smart Shortcuts, an automatic assistant function that enables the user to execute frequently used actions quicker and with fewer steps. The system uses machine learning to predict and propose user preferences based on the track record of the user's actions and behaviours.
By pressing the icon on the home screen, the system displays frequently used commands, such as the "home" address, frequently visited places, a list of favourite radio programs, redials for received calls, or calling a person on the "favourite" list. For example, with one action, the system can display the names of people the user calls frequently, eliminating the need to use a directory. These shortcuts are stored on the Smart Shortcut menu, and a unique profile is created for each respective user.
The Honda ZR-V comes with Honda Connect mobile application^ and server platform, offering 5 years free subscription with every purchase.
This feature elevates the ownership experience for Honda customers even further, offering a suite of connected services and connectivity features that enhance convenience, safety, and peace of mind.
™ Google, Android, and Android Auto™ are trademarks of Google LLC. To use Android Auto on your car display, you’ll need an Android phone running Android 5.0 or higher, an active data plan, and the Android Auto app.
®Apple CarPlay®, iPhone and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc. CarPlay and Siri requires iPhone 5 model and above running iOS 7.1 or higher.
^Vehicle- related Honda Connect app features are only available if your vehicle is linked to your Honda Connect account and connected services are activated. Remote vehicle features vary by model and not all vehicles will have all the features.
Responsive, Efficient Engine
Powering all Honda ZR-V VTi grades is the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 131kW of power (at 6,000 rpm) and 240Nm of torque (1700 – 4500 rpm).
To help minimize noise and vibration, the Honda ZR-V's 1.5-liter inline four has a lightweight die-cast aluminium block with a bedplate main-bearing design that creates a rigid crankcase assembly. Cast-in iron cylinder liners provide long-lasting durability. Thin slits between each adjacent cylinder sleeve help improve engine cooling and knocking.
Each journal on the lightweight heat-forged steel crankshaft is micro-polished to reduce internal friction, helping improve smoothness throughout the rpm range and lower noise levels.
Improved Fuel Efficiency and Emissions
The 1.5-litre engine uses VTEC® on the exhaust side, improving exhaust efficiency and optimising valve overlap, efforts that contribute to improved fuel efficiency. Finer machining of the camshaft journals and low-friction materials for cam timing chain-related parts have been implemented. For emissions, a new catalytic converter that minimises the use of rare metals is used.
Impressive Braking Performance
The Honda ZR-V is equipped with 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. The system provides a comfortable and refined feel at low speeds, predictable and easy operation on the highway, a sporty, fun-to-drive feel on winding roads, and reassuring high-performance stopping in emergency situations.
Large 312mm diameter ventilated front brake rotors and 310mm diameter rear solid rotors are standard. Honda ZR-V also uses a low-friction front calliper with a roll back spring to further reduce brake drag, contributing to fuel efficiency while still maintaining the excellent braking performance.
Suite of safety features, including Honda SENSING
Honda Sensing® functions include
- Traffic Jam Assist (TJA): works in conjunction with ACC and LKAS to provide lane-keeping functions at speeds below 70 kph all the way to a standstill, such as in congested traffic.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): new camera automatically recognizes traffic speed limit signs, displaying the information on the digital meter immediately after the sign is passed.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): new camera system and more advanced software enables the use of CMBS™ in more situations, including the detection of pedestrians and bicyclists. If no corrective action is taken when FCW signals an alert, CMBS™ can apply different levels of autonomous braking action to help reduce vehicle speed and eventual collision forces, and therefore to help reduce the severity of a collision.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW, integrated with CMBS™): when the system determines a collision is possible with a detected vehicle, visual and audible alerts from the FCW system prompt the driver to take corrective actions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow (ACC): new camera system improves Adaptive Cruise Control with more natural brake feel and quicker reactions to changes in traffic. It also responds more quickly when changing into an open lane from behind a slower car, and when a slower car moves out of the lane ahead.
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS): LKAS reduces the need for steering correction movements and driving effort. For the brand-new Honda ZR-V, LKAS has been improved with more linear and natural feeling steering assist, better line tracing in corners, and improved resistance to crosswinds.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): identifies solid or dashed painted lane lines, and cat's-eye markers to find the edge of the road and uses steering force to keep the vehicle from departing the lane or roadway altogether.
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW): integrated with RDM: operates at speeds from 60 to 140 kph and is designed to alert the driver if the vehicle is leaving a detected lane without the turn signal being activated.
The Honda ZR-V is available now and customers can find out more information by heading to our showroom, or design their perfect Honda ZR-V at our online configurator.