This Honda* warranty applies only to new Honda motor vehicles, including new vehicles which are registered as demonstrator vehicles, as manufactured by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. and distributed by Honda Australia Pty. Ltd., ACN 004 759 611, 3043, and sold by Authorised Honda Dealers†.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits conferred by this Honda warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product (or service) which the consumer has under the Australian Consumer Law and any other law in relation to the goods and services to which this Honda warranty relates.
Honda’s liability under this Honda warranty is limited, at the option of Honda, to the repair or replacement of faulty components or parts or payment for such repair or replacement, and to the re-supply of services or payment for such re-supply. For example, under this Honda Warranty, Honda may elect to remedy a defect in one of the ways outlined above. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
This Honda warranty is only applicable whilst the vehicle is within the confines of the States and Territories of Australia.
In this document, references to "you" and "your" are references to the vehicle owner.
*"Honda" is Honda Australia Pty. Ltd., ACN 004 759 611 ABN 66 004 759 611, and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Contact details for Honda are set out at the bottom of this document.
† "Authorised Honda Dealer" is a dealer who holds a current Franchise Agreement pertaining to the Honda passenger vehicle model specified in the First Owner Details section of the Owners Warranty & Service manual.
The Honda Warranty
Honda warrants each new motor vehicle (including demonstrators as outlined in the section titled “Demonstrators”, below), to be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
- Honda warrants each new motor vehicle, except those used for a Commercial Purpose^, for 5 years with unlimited kilometres.
- Honda warrants each new motor vehicle used for a Commercial Purpose^ for 5 years or 140,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first.
- Honda warrants the body panels of each new motor vehicle covered by this Honda warranty against rust perforation for a period of 6 years.
This Honda warranty commences from the first registration date reported by the Authorised Honda Dealer in Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.’s database.
Any Authorised Honda Dealer will repair or replace any part which proves defective within the limits of this Honda warranty at no charge to the owner for parts or labour (except for tyres and batteries and maintenance items as outlined in the following pages), upon confirmation by that dealer that this Honda Warranty applies to your vehicle. All defective parts replaced under this Honda warranty become the property of Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.
^"Commercial Purpose"means the purpose of carrying passengers or goods in the course of business or trade, and includes, without limitation, a vehicle being used at any time, as a taxi, or for hire, rental, delivery, courier, ride sharing, driving school, tourist or security purposes.
This Honda warranty does not apply to tyres originally fitted on Honda vehicles, or to spare tyres. The tyres are covered by the tyre manufacturer's warranty, under which tyres are replaced on a pro-rata basis, computed from the remaining original tread depth and according to the tyre manufacturer’s adjustment price schedule currently in use at the time of adjustment.
Honda warrants originally fitted batteries against defects in material and workmanship. Batteries will be replaced on the following pro-rata basis:
- 0 – 24 months: 100% replacement cost coverage
- 25 – 36 months: 50% replacement cost coverage
You may have additional rights in relation to tyres and batteries under the Australian Consumer Law.
What you must do to make a claim under this Honda warranty
- If a defect in your vehicle becomes apparent, you must do the following things in order to make a claim under this Honda warranty:
(a) use all reasonable means to protect the vehicle from further damage once the defect becomes apparent; and
(b) immediately deliver the vehicle to any Authorised Honda Dealer (a list of the addresses of current Authorised Honda Dealers is available at honda.com.au and select “Find a dealer” or by contacting Honda Australia Customer Relations on toll-free 1800 804 954 between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays).
- Warranty repairs under this Honda warranty will only be carried out free of charge by an Authorised Honda Dealer.
- Under this Honda warranty, it is your responsibility to make and pay for arrangements to transport your vehicle to and from the Authorised Honda Dealer. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Any claim approved under your warranty will only be valid for 60 days following diagnosis by an Authorised Honda Dealer. If you do not return to that Authorised Honda Dealer and have the repair completed within this time, you will need to return to an Authorised Honda Dealer to make a new claim.
This Honda warranty will NOT apply to:
- Any damage, failure or defect which occurs as a result of an accident, or where an accident has contributed to the occurrence of the relevant damage, failure or defect.
- Any motor vehicle containing an odometer that has been stopped or altered or does not reflect the actual distance travelled by the vehicle.
- Any motor vehicle or part which has been subjected to, or any damage that occurs as a result of, misuse, negligence, accidental damage, or improper or inadequate maintenance by or at the instigation of the owner. See "Inadequate Maintenance", below.
- Improper repairs, or repairs rendered necessary or arising from the use of products that are not genuine Honda products, parts or lubricants. See "Genuine Honda Products", below.
- Any vehicle used for competition (whether in sanctioned or unsanctioned competitive events), racing or record attempts or equipped with performance enhancing components.
- Normal maintenance service, unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See "Maintenance and Service" and "Normal Maintenance Services", below.
- Normal replacement of service parts unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See "Replacement Service Parts", below.
- Deterioration of any item due to use and exposure, unless due to a defect in workmanship or material. See "Deterioration Due to Use and Exposure", below.
- Any vehicle which has been deemed a "write-off" by an insurance company or Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Modifications made to a vehicle by or at the instigation of the owner, which affect adversely the vehicle’s reliability, stability, or overall performance.
Honda will not be liable, under this Honda warranty, for any cost, expense or damage incurred by an owner while a vehicle is out of service during performance of any warranty, special policy or campaign adjustment work. You may have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Cancellation of this Honda Warranty
Honda may cancel this Honda warranty at any time with immediate effect, if:
(a) your vehicle is deemed a "write-off" by an insurance company or by Honda Australia Pty Ltd;
(b) the odometer on your vehicle has been stopped, altered or does not record the actual distance travelled by the vehicle.
Transfer of Warranty
Subsequent registered owners may obtain the benefit of any unexpired portion of this Honda warranty by completing the subsequent registered owner form (at the rear of your Owners Warranty & Service Manual) and submitting it to Honda Australia Pty. Ltd. or to an Authorised Honda Dealer as soon as possible, following the date of purchase of the vehicle. Alternatively, you can contact Honda Customer Relations on toll-free 1800 804 954 (between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays).
Subsequent registered owners will be subject to all of the provisions, limitations and exclusions of this Honda warranty.
Transient Warranty and Service Policy
Authorised Honda Dealers throughout Australia will carry out warranty or service work on your vehicle – see the section titled "What you must do to make a claim under this Honda warranty", above.
It is advisable before commencing your trip that you go to honda.com.au/cars and select “Find a dealer” or contact Honda Australia Customer Relations on toll-free 1800 804 954 (between 9am and 5pm AEST weekdays) to obtain a current list of Authorised Honda Dealers along the route you propose to travel.
Where a Honda motor vehicle has been in distributor or dealer service (for example, as a demonstrator) prior to delivery to the first retail owner, the time and kilometre limitations under this Honda warranty will be calculated from the date the motor vehicle was first placed in such distributor or dealer service.
Honda Motor Co. Ltd. reserves the right to make any design changes or modifications as deemed necessary without notification and without incurring any obligation to make the same or similar changes to Honda motor vehicles previously manufactured by them.
Genuine Honda Products
Honda vehicles are produced to the highest standards and latest technologies. Honda strongly recommends:
• Genuine Honda parts and lubricants are used whenever you have maintenance work performed on your vehicle.
• Non genuine additives and cleaners are not required to be used in Honda automotive systems and are not recommended.
• After market paint treatments are not recommended by Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.
Maintenance and Service
Authorised Honda Dealers will carry out maintenance service as requested by the owner and the owner will be responsible for costs incurred. It is the owner’s responsibility to arrange transport of the vehicle to and from the Authorised Honda Dealer.
The maintenance schedule in your Owners Warranty & Service Manual specifies how often Honda recommends you should have your vehicle serviced, and which items need attention, in order to retain your vehicle's high level of safety, reliability and emission control performance.
The service intervals in the maintenance schedule are expressed in both months and distance, and each interval ends at the earlier of the time or distance milestone. The service schedule and intervals assume you will use your vehicle as normal transportation for passengers and their possessions.
In order to care for your vehicle, Honda also recommends that you:
- Avoid exceeding your vehicle’s load limit. This puts excess strain on the engine, brakes, and many other parts of your vehicle.
- Operate your vehicle on reasonable roads within the legal speed limit.
- Always use the fuel that is recommended for your vehicle by your Authorised Honda Dealer or in this Owner's Manual.
- Drive your vehicle regularly over a distance of several kilometres.
For further details, please refer to the maintenance schedule section in your Owners Warranty & Service Manual.
Honda recommends that the vehicle be maintained in accordance with the maintenance schedule contained in your Owners Warranty & Service Manual, and this Honda warranty does not cover damage that occurs as a result of, or is contributed to by, improper or inadequate maintenance by or at the instigation of the owner.
Replacement Service Parts
Replacement Service Parts required for routine maintenance are not covered by this Honda warranty, for example:
- Air, fuel, oil, and dust and pollen filters
- Spark plugs
- Clutch and brake linings/pads
- Wiper blades
- HID/Light bulbs and fuses
- Rectification of rattles and squeaks
Normal Maintenance Services
Normal Maintenance Services are not covered by this Honda warranty, for example:
- The maintenance specified in the schedule contained in your Owners Warranty & Service Manual
- Wheel balancing and alignment
- Clutch and brake adjustment
- Engine tune-ups (including valve adjustments)
- Oil changes
- Headlight adjustment
Deterioration Due to Use and Exposure
Not all repairs, adjustments and replacements are the result of defects in material or workmanship. There are other circumstances beyond the control of the manufacturer that might make a visit to your Authorised Honda Dealer necessary.
They would include:
- Weather and atmospheric conditions.
- Varying road surfaces.
- Improper vehicle usage.
- Individual driving habits.
- Fair wear and tear.
The following deterioration due to use or exposure is not covered by this Honda warranty:
- Soft trim that is worn, soiled, torn or cut by a foreign object, environmental conditions or abnormal use.
- Paint deterioration in the form of dents, nicks or scratches, or caused by stone chipping, tree sap, salt or industrial fall-out which occurs after delivery of the vehicle to the owner, and normal paint deterioration due to environmental conditions.
- Deterioration of bright metal trim such as dents, nicks, scratches or other damage which occurs after delivery of the vehicle, and normal deterioration that is due to exposure.
- Glass, engine or body damage due to weather and/or normal road hazards.
Change of Owner Details
The Australian Government requires manufacturers to be in a position to contact the current vehicle owner if correction of a product becomes necessary. Should you change your address or sell your Honda motor vehicle, please call Honda Customer Relations on 1800 804 954 to change your address or simply complete one of the applicable cards in the rear of your Owners Warranty & Service Manual and mail it to Honda Australia Pty. Ltd. as soon as possible.
Honda Australia Pty. Ltd.
ACN 004 759 611 ABN 66 004 759 611
Head Office Customer Relations
95 Sharps Road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043 Honda Australia Customer Relations
Telephone: (03) 9285 5555 weekdays free call 1 800 804 954 between 9am and 5pm AEST
© 2017 Honda Australia Pty Ltd
Top of Page