Advanced Safety Now More Affordable on Stylish New Civic Hatch
- Full suite of Honda Sensing safety and driver-assist technologies now also available on the mid-spec Civic VTi-L hatch, priced from $28,390*, and the sporty Civic RS hatch
- Honda Sensing platform, including the new High Beam Support System, is now standard equipment on the majority of the Civic hatch range
- Honda’s exceptional engineering, clever packaging and Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ still standard across the full Civic hatch line-up
- New Civic hatch introduces fresh paint colours to the Civic range – Ignite Red and Taffeta White
MELBOURNE, January 15, 2020 – Honda Australia has released an update for the Civic hatch range, headlined by the introduction of Honda Sensing safety and driver-assist technologies on the VTi-L and RS grades, partnered with a number of exterior styling and interior design upgrades across all variants.
The new Civic hatch range maintains the momentum created by the arrival of the updated Civic sedan range in early 2019. Renowned for its bold design and sleek styling, the Honda Civic hatch continues to offer small car buyers a complete package, delivering smart and advanced safety technology, class-leading space, exceptional comfort and a stylish appearance.
“The inclusion of Honda Sensing as standard equipment on two additional Civic hatch variants, represents another step in our plan to introduce the full suite of intelligent driver-assist and active safety technologies right across the Honda vehicle range over the next few years,” Honda Australia Director, Mr. Stephen Collins said.
“Since we announced that plan we’ve added Honda Sensing onto the CR-V VTi-S AWD model, the all-new Accord has arrived fully equipped with Honda Sensing and now all Civic sedan and hatch models powered by the 1.5-litre VTEC turbo engine have the system as well, reflecting our ongoing commitment to support the safe and comfortable driving of our customers.
“We are confident Honda Sensing will provide them with a system that is both intuitive and effective, and at an affordable price point for Honda customers.”
The Civic is Honda’s longest-running nameplate and its best-selling model globally, with more than 25 million sales since 1972. In Australia, more than 360,000 Civics have been sold since the first-generation vehicle went on sale locally in early 1973.
Honda’s iconic Civic has continuously evolved to meet changing customer needs around the world, regularly setting the bar for fuel-efficiency, driving performance and design innovation in an affordable small segment vehicle.
Designed to Impress
In addition to the wider availability of Honda Sensing, the Civic hatch also introduces a number of exterior styling and interior design upgrades across the range.
The Civic RS hatch leads the way with new design 18-inch alloy wheels that have been fitted with wider 235/40 ZR18 95Y Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres, elevating its sports credentials with improved grip and more responsive handling.
Every Civic hatch variant now features a unique wheel courtesy of fresh designs and new colour treatments across the range. The VTi and VTi-S grades both have all-new wheel designs, while the VTi-L wheel has a new dark grey finish on the 17-inch alloy wheels. The top variant VTi-LX is fitted with its own distinctive alloy wheel courtesy of the former RS wheel design, but with a new dark grey finish.
The front and rear bumpers have been redesigned, incorporating body coloured accents in the new lower panel sections, along with a new front grille design, while the RS grade also gains a new rear diffuser design.
Other design and equipment changes to individual grades includes:
- Introduction of High Beam Support System as part of Honda Sensing on VTi-L, RS and VTi-LX
- Addition of rear privacy glass on VTi-S
- All-new Ignite Red metallic paint colour – available across all grades
- Phoenix Orange pearlescent paint colour – exclusive to RS
- Taffeta White flat paint colour – available on all grades, excluding RS
Connected and in Control
The design changes continue inside the new Civic hatch range, with updates to the instrument panel and seat trims, plus improvements to the controls for the audio and ventilation systems.
The Advanced Display Audio touchscreen unit in Civic hatch has been redesigned for a more intuitive user experience, with the addition of hard keys for the most commonly used functions, along with a dedicated volume control knob.
Interior updates include:
- Dashboard trim inserts featuring a geometric embossed finish
- Chequered-accent seat trims on the VTi-S grade and above, applied to the centre panel on both the seat base and backrest
- Red seat-trim stitching, exclusive on Civic RS
- Volume control knob, incorporating audio on/off functions
- Hard keys for the core display screen functions – Home, Audio, Telephone and Back
- Push buttons for one-touch adjustment of fan speed on the dual zone climate control system
The new Civic hatch will go on sale in Australia on January 15, 2020, with a Manufacturer’s List Price starting from $22,790* for the Civic VTi.
“When you factor in the additional safety technology and the improved functionality of the major cabin controls, the new Civic hatch offers the complete package – performance, quality and reliability, wrapped in a sleek and modern sporty exterior that is sure to catch the eye of small car buyers,” Mr. Collins said.
Civic Hatch 20YM pricing
1.5L VTEC Turbo
1.5L VTEC Turbo
1.5L VTEC Turbo
* Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP) excludes Dealer Delivery and statutory charges