Passive Car Safety Features
Safety & Innovation
Our clever thinking starts with safety;
we’re committed to delivering extremely high standards in every vehicle.
Honda takes airbags to the next level with their intuitive airbag technology including:
- Curtain airbags deploy from the roof along the length of the car and provide maximum protection to front and rear passengers.
- Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags provide enhanced protection to the driver and front passenger by optimising airbag deployment to match the speed and severity of the crash.
- Occupant Position Detection System gauges driver and front passenger height and helps minimise injuries that can sometimes be caused by the airbags themselves.
- Dual-chamber side airbags provide additional protection to the driver and front passenger during high and low speed collisions.
Advanced compatibility engineering (ace)
Honda’s structural engineering technology works to disperse collision forces away from the cabin, maintaining driver and passenger safety. In the case of a collision between different-sized vehicles, Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) minimises the impact on both cars.
- Maximised Vehicle Body Protection
- Improving the safety of every occupant
- Engineered to help absorb and deflect the force of a frontal collision away from the passenger compartment.