Honda vehicles are designed with your safety in mind.
They include a wide range of passive safety features that can minimise injury in the unlikely event of an accident, including airbags and special structural engineering technology.
Honda Accord: where performance meets safety
The Honda Accord boasts advanced safety features while not compromising on power:
- Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) featuring:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS)
- Lane Watch Blind Monitoring
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Start Assist (HSS)
- Anti-Lock Braking (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control System (TCS)
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Honda G-CON technology
- Progressive crumple zones
Maximised vehicle body protection
Honda’s structural engineering technology works to disperse collision forces away from the cabin, maintaining driver and passenger safety. In the case of a collision between different-sized vehicles, Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) minimises the impact on both cars.
Superior airbag coverage
If an accident occurs, you want to be sure you have the very best safety features working for you. Since no action is required by the driver to operate them, airbags are considered a passive safety feature and are just one of the many car safety features onboard any Honda.
Honda takes airbags to the next level with their intuitive airbag technology:
- Curtain airbags deploy from the roof along the length of the car and provide maximum protection to front and rear passengers.
- Dual-stage, dual-threshold front airbags provide enhanced protection to the driver and front passenger by optimising airbag deployment to match the speed and severity of the crash.
- Occupant Position Detection System gauges driver and front passenger height and helps minimise injuries that can sometimes be caused by the airbags themselves.
- Dual-chamber side airbags provide additional protection to the driver and front passenger during high and low speed collisions.