HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
Honda Australia Pty Ltd is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all.
Associates, contractors and visitors. Honda Australia Pty Ltd will do all that is reasonably practicable to ensure safe and healthy work practices, including ongoing communication, raising awareness and active reporting of hazards and incidents and will make every effort to contribute to the preservation of the global environment in every facet of our corporate activity.
HONDA AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD. IS COMMITTED TO:
- Conformance to ISO 14001:2015 and AS/NZS 4801:2001;
- Complying with all relevant Federal, State and local, legislation, subordinate documents
- standards and applicable policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that preservation or improvement of health, safety and environment is an integral part of the management of Honda Australia Pty Ltd and is considered equal with all other policies of the organisation;
- Establishing measurable Health, Safety and Environmental objectives and targets and
- ensuring continual improvement aimed at elimination of work-related injury and illness;
- Providing appropriate consultation, information, training and supervision while encouraging active contribution from all Associates, contractors or visitors to fulfil Honda Australia
- health, safety and environment objectives and targets;
- Establishing programs to achieve agreed health, safety and environmental objectives and targets appropriate to our activities;
- Understanding the health, safety and environmental needs and expectations of all
- Interested parties;
- Working effectively with our Business Partners to assess and consider full product Life
- Cycle environmental impact of all Honda Australia consumable office products while
- Ensuring continuity of supply.
- Effectively managing energy use, waste and pollutions created by operations to ensure that energy from non-renewable sources is used" as efficiently as possible and to minimise
- Greenhouse gas emissions and landfill;
- Reducing the use of natural resources (i.e. water);
- Conducting regular audits and assessments of our Health, Safety and Environment Management System to ensure compliance and periodically providing appropriate information to Honda's Board of Directors, associates, authorities and the public;
- Promoting this commitment by making this policy available to all interested parties including Associates and the public.
- Honda Australia Pty Ltd recognises that management has the overall responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace and to minimise negative impact on the environment through the effective implementation of this policy.
- Every Honda Australia Pty Ltd Associate, contractor and visitor is responsible for ensuring that activities are undertaken in a safe manner, in accordance with training, procedures and policy and with consideration to environmental impact.
Endorsed and Approved by the Board of Directors
Honda Australia Pty Ltd
ABN: 66 004 759 611
Approved date: May 2019