About the Role
We know that the way people communicate with brands and consume content has changed forever. As a brand striving to connect with customers the way they want, our communications approach is changing.
As a champion of the customer, the social media and content specialist will use customer insights to deliver the right content to the right customer at the right time through the right channel. You will use your expertise in social media to listen, participate and create engagement opportunities as well as creating insights for the business. You will also deliver a customer led test and learn approach across current and future social media platforms. You will be in touch with the latest trends and developments in social media in order to maximise the opportunities for Honda Australia. You will be savvy in your ability to influence decisions to ensure continued alignment with the ever changing landscape.
You will also be relentless in building a consistent face of Honda to our current and future customers through our social media channels, as well as ensuring that the content you create for social and for our owned channels is aligned to the Honda brand, and is engaging and provides the right information for customers wherever they are in their Honda journey. You will also be highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple social media channels.
Our team is growing and willing to try new ideas. If you relish the opportunity to grow with us and bring your ideas to life, please apply now.
Reporting to the Brand Communications Manager, the Social and Content Specialist will:
- Build and manage Honda communities across current (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter) and future (e.g. Weibo, Youku, Messenger) social media platforms including building social media capability and workflows across Customer Relations, PR and other relevant teams where appropriate
- Manage delivery of consistent brand message across all social platforms including enabling greater participation from AUH employees where possible
- Identify, create and target new audiences through paid social activities to increase acquisition potential
- Identify opportunities to maximise the value of current and new social media platforms and platform enhancements that deliver customer and business value
- Integrate social media into digital marketing campaigns to engage/re-target potential leads
- Develop and operationalise performance reporting to enable performance optimisation and demonstrate value to stakeholders
- Develop and manage organic content calendars to build audience engagement
- Manage relationships within Brand Communications team and outside of team including Digital, Product, Sales Planning, PR, Customer Relations
- Manage external relationships with key supplier contacts including media, creative, PR and content agencies
- Develop guidelines for AUH employees to participate in the online conversation
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a client or agency social media role
- Hands on experience with Facebook Business Manager, Adobe marketing cloud, Salesforce.com, Salesforce Social Studio, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Demonstrated experience in content creation including writing for different audiences and applying consistent brand principles
- An ability to interpret data, provide clear audience insights to optimise social media performance
- Demonstrated experience in development of social media led campaigns
- An enthusiastic, vibrant, creative and driven approach to achieving high quality outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or related communications studies will be highly regarded
- Automotive experience preferred
Why work for Honda?
Working at Honda you’ll feel a strong sense of pride. It might be the Honda philosophy that our tight-knit team lives and breathes. Or perhaps it’s our strong commitment to enriching lives through the joy of mobility. We respect what makes you an individual and believe everyone is born with the ability to think, create and dream. You’ll work with talented individuals across the business because we believe that through coming together and valuing our ideals, joy is created and ideas are realised. We support our associates in an open, inclusive environment and give each individual the opportunity to realise their dreams. When you join Honda, you’ll be part of a passionate, diverse group who truly enjoy what we do! That’s the Honda way.
The joy of moving you is what moves us.
Applicants must satisfactorily complete a National Criminal Records check to undertake this role